SilverCloud Sign-up Start
Welcome to SilverCloud
Before we begin, please note:
- Everything you do on SilverCloud will remain completely confidential, with these exceptions should it become apparent that you or someone else is at risk of harm.
- If your coach believes there is a physical danger to you or another person, or that intervention may be necessary to protect you or others from physical harm.
- If there is a legal requirement for your coach to provide information to others.
- If your coach feels that a child is at risk or is experiencing emotional, physical, sexual abuse or neglect this may have to be reported to social services in line with child protection guidelines.
- To give you the best experience there are elements of your information that we need to store and process, in line with our privacy practices.
- information you enter directly;
- information given about you (by a coach);
- and information collected automatically when you use the platform.
- SilverCloud is not an emergency service as your coach can’t respond to you in real-time. If you need urgent help please speak to someone now.
- SilverCloud is only available for individuals aged 18 and over.
Please Note: For your own and others’ safety, there are some situations where complete confidentiality cannot be guaranteed:
Read the full contract.
SilverCloud takes your privacy and security very seriously, and we consider carefully any information that we need to collect or store.
There are 3 kinds of information that we collect:
This includes personal details, information about your mental health or usage details (for example when you log in and which pages you viewed).
We do this in order to make the platform work (for example, in order to show you which pages you have viewed or to communicate with your coach), and also to better understand how it is being used so that we can keep improving.
If you would like to know more, you can read our full privacy notice at any stage by visiting your help center or by using the link at the bottom of every page.
To commit to getting the most out of your program, please read this contract .
By using this program, I agree that:
- I will take full responsibility for working through SilverCloud at my own pace.
- I understand that the more I participate in my program, the better my results will be.
- I understand that I may receive reminder emails or notifications from the platform.
- If I am in crisis or feeling very distressed, I will contact supportive family, friends or one of the other contacts provided on the Help page.
- I understand that SilverCloud is not an OSF HealthCare owned application.
If I am supported, I also agree that:
- I understand that my Coach will log in and review my work at the agreed time. If they are unable to review my work on our regular day, they will do their best to notify me in advance of this change.
- I understand that SilverCloud is not an emergency support platform, and that immediate responses are not available.
- I will consult with a medical provider if advised to do so.
If I am unsupported, I also agree that:
- I will take full responsibility for choosing the activities I do.
- I understand that SilverCloud is not an emergency support program and I will consult with a medical provider if advised to do so.
As your Coach, I agree that:
- I will help you develop skills introduced in this program.
- I will treat you with respect and consideration.
- I will not engage in therapy or counseling.
- I will not provide medical advice.
- I will not provide personal advice.
- I will review and respond to your progress each week on a scheduled review date. If this date needs to change, I will do my best to inform you of this in advance.
- I will not share information about you unless I have concerns about safety and I need to share your information to keep you or someone else safe. If that happens, I will share the minimum amount necessary and will try to discuss it with you in advance.